Selection procedures (including pre-employment tests) such as interviews, personality tests, integrity tests, cognitive ability tests, situational judgement tests, and physical tests are all important to organizations in use of selecting the best employees for a job position. However, in using either existing tests or tests provided by a third-party organization, all must ensure that discrimination and adverse impact are not present test outcomes. In other words, are the tests designed in a way that are not discriminating against certain protected populations? Are these tests actually fair, if the results produce employment candidates that exclude females or other protected groups? If an organization finds that their test results disproportionately screen out those belonging to a particular gender, racial, ethnic, disability, or religious group, it is important to re-evaluate and correct.
We need to ensure our understanding of adverse impact and ways in which to prevent unintentional (or intentional) discrimination and biases. It’s in the best interest of people, organizations, and communities to include voice and involvement of all people regardless of race, gender, gender-identity, color, origin, or religion. Pre-employment tests should be accurate and relevant, and continue to be monitored.
1. Re-review/read adverse impact and pre-employment testing from textbook (Chapters 8 & 9) and video and article links. (Links and powerpoints are provided in the word document)
2. Define Adverse Impact (in your own words from how it is defined). Cite sources. Be thorough, substantive–explain in depth with an example.
3. Why does it matter for organizations to avoid adverse impact in pre-employment selection?
4. From the readings, explain an example of where an employer was at fault with their pre-employment tests and adverse impact.
5. Explain the Four-step process to determine adverse impact. Also give a mathematical example to show understanding.
Minimum 400 words
Intext Cite within paragraphs, all sources used; List source references in full APA format at the end of your discussion. Use paragraph and sectional headings.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."