Sometimes we have many alternatives from which to choose. Evaluating these choices in order to make the best decision usually involved comparing the choices against each other. The workshop gives you two tools that can be used for this purpose. Analysis of Variance allows you to compare two or more variables that are numerical and normally distributed. Chi-Square Analysis allows you to compare two or more variables that are categorical or are numerical, but not normally distributed.
Upon successful completion of this assignment, you will be able to:
- Develop research and data analytical skills for use in solving business problems.
- Assess research methodologies for applicability to research projects.
Comparing two or more sets of data against each other or examining them to determine if a relationship exists is a common task for the researcher.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Read chapters XVI, XVII, and XIX in the online textbook. Watch the videos and powerpoints that go with each chapter.
- Review the database NCbirths. Describe the limitations that may exist if this database is used as a sample of all North Carolina births.
- Conduct an examination of the impact of smoking and marital status on birthweight using Analysis of Variance as described in chapter XV of the online textbook.
- Construct a chi-square analysis of the relationship between smoking and ethnicity as described in chapter XVII of the online textbook.
- Write a short report (1 to 2 pages for each variable) that includes the results of your analysis and answers the following questions:
- Write a research question appropriate for each analysis.
- What is the null and alternative hypothesis for each analysis?
- What were the results of each analysis? Describe what relationships, if any, were significant and the decision made concerning the null hypothesis.
- When you have completed your assignment, submit a copy to your instructor using the Assignment submission page.
- The assignment is due by the end of the workshop.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."