For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it?
Luke 14:28 ESV
One of the characteristics of those who are impulsive is that they often fail to count the cost before they jump into some new project, task, relationship, educational program, and perhaps even a job. Luke infers that the better approach is to count the cost of any new endeavor before starting.
This raises the question of what costs are counted. The Virtuous Business Model argues that there are at least three dimensions that must be considered in counting the cost. The economic domain is the obvious one. We have extensive tools that we use to make better cost counting divisions. The social dimension has largely been ignored in the past but is now gaining more prominence as society begins to demand sustainability and recognition of the businesss responsibility to be a good citizen of our communities. However, the spiritual domain is still largely unrecognized.
The Virtual Business Model helps define the spiritual domain both for leaders and organizations. Counting the cost for the spiritual domain then means considering the impact of this new activity on your core values and beliefs. Critically inspect this new activity and if you find it worthy and have counted the cost, move forward courageously!
Upon successful completion of this discussion, you will be able to:
- Engage in critical thinking in alignment with the Virtuous Business model.
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Prepare a discussion post that answers the following questions:
- Describe some time in your life when you may have failed to count the cost. What were the results?
- Describe some time in your life when you did count the cost. How critically did you consider the cost before moving forward? What were the results?
- Your initial post should be 200 300 words long and is due by the fourth day of the workshop.
- Respond in writing to two of your classmates.
- Each written response should be 100 200 words in length and demonstrate a critical analysis of your classmates post.
- These responses are due by the end of the workshop.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."