Discussion: Individual vs. Structural-Cultural Theories
- Describe how a social worker would conceptualize a presenting problem related to structural issues or barriers that contribute to a clients marginalization using the two theories you selected.
- Explain how this conceptualization differs from an individual-related versus a structural/cultural-related theoretical lens.
- Compare how the two theoretical lenses differ in terms of how the social worker would approach the client and the problem and how the social worker would intervene.
- Read this article listed in the Learning Resources: Turner, K., & Lehning, A. J. (2007). Psychological theories of poverty. Journal of Human Behavior in the Social Environment, 16(12), 5772. https://doi.org/10.1300/J137v16n01_05
- Select a theory under the individual-related theories and a theory under the structural/cultural-related theories.
- Complete the handout Comparing Individual-Related and Structural/Cultural-Related Theories to help you craft your response. (The handout is intended to assist you in writing your Discussion post.)
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."